September 2020 Seed Grants recipients announced!
Grants available to support BC communities in the time of COVID-19.
COVID-19 has been a particularly sharp challenge for people with serious conditions and palliative care needs, as well as their families and friends. The pandemic has created an unprecedented need for compassion, support, and care in our communities.
In response to the interruption of services and other challenges experienced by community programs because of COVID-19 pandemic, the BC Centre for Palliative Care created this grant program to support community organizations to continue or adapt their support services.
Up to twenty applicants will be awarded grants in this funding cycle to support the spread of Compassionate Communities across BC.
Grant Amount: up to $3000 per project
Grant Term: up to 10 months, starting from September 1st, 2020
Additional support: BC Centre for Palliative will offer consultation support to the grant recipients to help them with the implementation and evaluation of the funded projects, access to networking and exchange with other organizations and coaching, as needed.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020.
BC-based non-profit community-based organizations that provide direct support services for isolated or frail older adults, persons with serious illnesses and those at the end of their lives, as well as their families.
Eligible project goals:
1. Continue a proven support program or service,
2. Adapt an existing support program or service in response to the challenges presented by COVID-19
3. Implement a new approach to meeting community needs highlighted by the pandemic..……………………………………………..
Funding priority areas:
Projects must address one of the following priorities:
1. Provide practical, psycho-social and/or spiritual support services to the target population, including supports for grief and bereavement;
2. Enhance public awareness of and engagement in advance care planning.
Before you apply
Read the Grant Guidelines as it provides important information about Eligibility, Target Populations, Funding Priorities, Application Evaluation Criteria, Award Restrictions, Award Disbursement, Support and Expectations for Awardees
How to Apply
Complete the online application form no later than July 31, 2020.
The online application form allows you to:
- View the full application before starting to be aware of all requirements
- Complete the application in stages, returning to it later (click ‘Save and Continue Later’ button at the bottom of the form)
- Email yourself a copy of the completed application for your records
Once you click SUBMIT, you will no longer be able to add to or change your application.
If you experience any problems with the online form, please email email@example.com.
This Grant Program is the fourth funding cycle of the Centre’s Seed grants. In the three previous funding cycles, 49 non-profit organizations received funding and support for 68 projects, with half of these projects based in rural, remote or First Nations communities.